Developer K put up the patch preview.
…and it’s a giant image. WHY. WHY. JUST WHY. WHYYYYY.
Upcoming Costume - Religious 2.0
I am late because I missed the greeting.
Gusts of Construction - Party Matching System
What is the Party Matching System?
I’ve actually mentioned this publically several times, but it is literally [Automatic Party Making]. When I talk to Nepi (T/N: NPC name?) and put myself into queue, he will automatically match me with other players that meet the conditions and we enter the nest.
The system does not apply to existing content, but I will manage the party matched content separately. If an automatic system is used to create parties for challenging content where performance and coordination is important, there will be many problems.
The first application of this system is called “Gusts of Construction” and it is revamped content. I will go over them first, but there will be more content later.
Gusts of Construction???
The Gusts of Construction is a selection of target nests. One of Manticore, Archbishop, and Daidalos is randomly selected. This is challenging content that players can come in and enjoy regardless of gear.
Actually, the basic rewards are similar to those of abyss dungeons.
Additionally, there will be an item similar to shard. If a user possesses this item, the party will recieve a buff upon entering Labyrinth, making it a little easier to farm.
It may sound a little rough, but it is content that is needed for the buff reward. I do not intend to maintain Gusts of Construction indefinitely, I just want all players to get together and enjoy it.
1 Month After Labyrinth
Last month was a tough month (T/N Because y’all are bad at development). Due to internal circumstances (T/N Read: Lack of proper dev and deploy processes and testing), the content and rewards were published in a bad state and I had to make a lot of patches to the live build (T/N You’re supposed to check that BEFORE pushing to prod). It was riskier than I had imagined and a lot of developers had to work hard (T/N Because y’all don’t know what you’re doing).
I have prepared data to see the status of the Labyrinth update. I do not mean to say I didn’t play Labyrinth. I want to show that the users can feel differently about the game, and that it may different from the perceived. I feel sick and am very sad when I see some people take public opinion on forums as facts.
Nest Utilization Rate
This is a daily nest utilization graph from December to March.
Nest utilization rate, which has been steady month-to-month, has increased tremendously since Labyrinth (more than 2x).
Of course, it also contributed to new users due to the new content effect.
T/N Okay it just uses numbers but I’m bored
This is a graph of party sizes for nests.
The total is more than 100% because some players play in varying party sizes, which are all counted. Therefore some users are counted more than once.
The rate of solo nesting is still very high, but the users with less than 600,000 damage constitute a large portion, who prefer to solo.
Currently, those with more than 600,000 damage have a fairly high preference for party play.
I think it is much healther now than the old nest system.
4-player Party Nest Preference
Finally, a graph showing the preference of nest for 4 man parties.
Volcano was supposed to be overwhelmingly high, but turned out to be fairly balanced.
Hmm… Mist. Not nearly as popular.
T/N Going to take a break here, I have work tomorrow. Rest will follow later - Vahr
Welcome aboard to Flight Fabulous!
- Balancing the difficulties of the four nests that we have so far is definitely a problem. Although we have been working hard on this month’s patch, it is hard to make them perfectly balanced due to structural limitations.
- There are quite a few players who fail from Levels 1-5. I think that this is the perfect place for beginners to start out, so it is best that they do not experience death or failure here. I have adjusted the HP of the monsters, and have added survivability buffs so that players do not die even if they are hit.
- I have added 10 quests to the Rebellion Plate questline, and will add up to 30 enhancements until the dragon raid in June. Since this farming may become boring if it is too long, I am working on a way to server storage this plate. However, it is difficult because it is tied to the questline.
- Since Labyrinth rewards are lacking, I have added a lot of other items.
- Finally, we will add more Labyrinth dungeons over time. April might be boring, but we cannot remedy this right now, so please play with me on the forums in the meantime. ㅠㅠ
Problems With Current Accessory Farming
- Although farming Level 95 epic accessories is easy, they do not help you in content.
- The most urgent problem is the flow from Epic -> Limit Break -> Green Dragon -> Genesis. It is a large hurdle and the cycle is very long due to the stats the accessories provide. As such, most players stay in epic and Limit Break accessories.
- These new accessories will drop in Labyrinth nests, and will come in five tiers. This does not mean that there are many stats on these accessories, but rather that the same accessory will have five tiers of stats.
- At this time, the stats throughout these tiers will be distributed evenly between Epic and Genesis stats. Whenever a new accessory drops, you can replace your own with it. You can also extract them to get a lot of [Labyrinth Reward].
- I hope that these accessories will increase the sense of reward and longevity of Labyrinth farming. I will continue to observe and adjust the stats and other components of these accessories as needed.
Advanced Unique Dragon Gems
- Likewise, I believe that the path to legendary dragon gems is too long. Average Luminous Dragon Gem Cores are difficult to get, but even if you manage to save up enough of them, it is terrifying to use 2 of them to create a Legendary Dragon Gem.
- For Unique Dragon Gems, Legendary Dragon Gems, and Advanced Unique Dragon Gems, I have added the prefixes “Advanced” and “Normal,” although I do not like them. Advanced Unique Dragon Gems have half the stats of Legendary Dragon Gems and can be created with one Average Luminous Dragon Gem Core and some gold. You can also extract it to reobtain that core.
- Although daily missions have been focused on [Easy Missions] for guidance, they were giving out too many rewards for the amount of effort required, and players have been using all of their characters to spam the easy missions. To prevent this, we have modified the mission rewards to reduce the influence of daily missions and increase the rewards from weekly missions, which requires consistent and healthy play.
- This patch will increase the sense of satisfaction for players who play consistently and healthily, and reduce the rewards for players who use all their characters to spam easy missions.
Hero & Pet Experience
- I have mentioned it on the forums, but the weekly hero experience cap of 30000 was a mistake in the simulation. I have upgraded it to 3 million. I hope you will have a rewarding experience with collecting your hero experience points.
- It was difficult to level up your pet, so I have raised it to 300%. (Please note that in February, it was bugged at 500%, and in March, it was 100%)
Blessed Stone Nerf
- The system that limits the amount of Blessed Stones has been in place since the beginning and cannot be modified. While this is not a problem in Korea, it has broken down in other servers. ㅠㅠ
- Although it is valuable as a community element, if we cannot increase the amount, then it will only cause more stress. Given the timing of this update, I thought it was about time to reduce its influence.
- We have nerfed it to 3% damage, so that it does not feel as mandatory anymore, but it will still have some meaning.
- April: Sniper, Crusader, Blade Dancer, Spirit Dancer, Bleed Phantom
- We will try to balance all classes before the next raid in June. Although achieving a perfect balance is impossible, we will at least make sure that there are not too strong or weak classes.
- As everyone knows, Ray Mechanic, Machina, Inquisitor, Shooting Star, etc. are strong classes and will be nerfed soon. Sometimes the monthly balance patches will cause disappointment. Please do not think of this as us being biased; it simply reflects feedback from players and our experiences as developers.
April Costume - Stewardess Costume
- There are too many problems in the leveling process, one of which is that it is no fun. Even after 90 levels, it is still painful, so I am painstakingly trying to fix all of this. It will take a while since the problem is so large, so I have decided to add the [Level Jump Item] first. (These items have already been selling in overseas servers for a long time.)
- During the second half of the year, I will come up with a leveling process that will make you want to level your characters personally, even if you have Jump Potions. Please look forward to it.
- For intermediate and advanced players, the path to the Rebellion Plate will inevitably lead to an excess of materials in inventories. I will continue to adjust the extraction system so that surplus equipment can be created and extracted. This month, I have added Calypso extraction.
- Although creating and extracting equipment is not exactly fun, it is still better than unnecessarily stacking these items in the inventory.
Special Server Storage
- I understand that there is a lot that you have to do when you want to change your main character.
- The special server storage was introduced to make all of your items available to transfer between characters, so I keep checking for new ones. This month, I have made Green Dragon accessories and Gerrant’s Necklace storagable through the special server storagable.
- I will make mounts storagable eventually. Please look forward to it.
Monthly Character Gold Holdings
- This is a graph of the distribution of gold for seven months since October. (T/N: The colored bars represent the months.)
- The horizontal axis shows the gold reserves divided into ten levels from 1000 to 30000. The vertical axis indicates the number of players.
- I have released a lot of gold into the server this year, but the number of players who have less than 100000 gold is very low. It is being used as you earn it.
- The problem is although that the number of players with more than 100000 gold has increased, the amount of gold held by the top players has exploded in the past 2-3 months.
- In May, I will introduce gold sinks that I hope the top players will have fun with.
- I am sorry that I posted this so late. I have spent a long time writing it, but now I am finished. ㅠㅠ
- Every month, I try to create hype for my patch notes, but that is just counterproductive. I have written a lot, so I hope it is okay. As I walked to work today, I saw the cherry blossoms in full bloom. I hope that spring may one day come to this game, when all of the channels will be full in the evenings with the players that I love.